What is the Para Taekwondo Championships?
- This will be a key event for athletes to gain crucial ranking points that will help determine who will head to their first Paralympic Games. 111 athletes from 37 countries competed at the 2015 edition, so you can expect world-class and fiercely contested matches. This event is held every 2 years.
Where is this event happening?
- The Para World Taekwondo Championships will be staged in London at the Copper Box Arena, which is on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 3HB.
When is it happening?
- This is a one day event, taking place on Thursday 19th
Where can I buy tickets?
- Tickets are cheaper if purchased in advance via TicketMaster
Getting to the venue?
- We advise all spectators to use public transport to get to and from the Park, either by train, underground, bus or cycle.
What about the British team?
- Britain’s leading Paralympic star, Amy Truesdale, will be leading the battle, alongside a cohort of fresh talent from the 2016 Fighting Chance initiative. Watch newcomers Lief Thobroe, Matt Bush and Joseph Lane in action for the very first time on home soil!